Wednesday, July 16, 2014

First Camping Trip this Summer!

 
                               
On June 20th and 21st, we were able to plan a trip to go camping to Gooseberry reservoir with Blake and Chantel! I was surprised that I had never heard of it before, even though it is pretty close by, just up Fairview canyon. It was a beautiful place to go, and we got there fairly early and were able to get a really nice spot. 
One pretty awesome thing was that I made my first ever tin foil dinner! Mmm-mmm yum! One trick I learned is to put tomatoes in with whatever you have! (We had ground beef, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes.) Also I am hooked on lemon pepper! If I can think of any type of food that will go good with lemon pepper, I will use it! So I tried lemon pepper on this and it was delicious! Kyle tried Montreal steak seasoning (which is one of his favorites) and loved his as well! 
We spent some good time around the campfire after the sun had gone down and enjoyed laughing and having a good time. :) 
After a good nights rest, we had some delicious breakfast made by Blake, and headed over to the reservoir, which I was surprised to see was a pretty popular spot to go fishing! And of course, that was what we had planned to do! Kyle got a one day fishing license for the 21st so he could have fun trying to catch a fish, and I sat by Chantel and talked and ate pistachios. :) And you wouldn't believe how many dragonflies where around the reservoir! There were hundreds just where we were sitting. It was fun to watch them, and I even made a friend with one. He didn't leave my finger for a good ten minutes while we were sitting there.
After fishing, we decided that we would head back home and just have a nice dinner on Blake and Chantel's new deck. 
(As an after note, I would like to add how sun burnt I got. I have really light skin that burns easily, and even after 20 years of life, this has not been drilled into my head apparently. Wear sunscreen!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment