Monday, January 20, 2014

Do we take things for granted?

Okay, so, this topic has been on my mind the last couple of days. I don't really know what brought it to my mind, but I think it had something to do with I realized how lucky and blessed I am. We have all been given so much, myself especially, and I just had to take a step back and appreciate it all. Now, I'm not just talking about the things I am grateful for, I am also talking about how everything around us is kind of awesome that it will just work for us with a touch a button, a flick of the switch. I am talking about how we can just pick up our phone, and it will call someone, send a text, take a video or picture or let us play a game with someone you don't even know, halfway across the world! I am talking about how you can turn your car on, and just drive wherever your heart desires! Just think about it, if one of the pioneers time traveled to 2014, they would be a little freaked out. I think that is what has gotten me thinking, that what if someone from the past came to the here and now; they would be so curious and mystified, whereas today, we just expect to have things work or go our way. This little thought has given me a whole new perspective. I know I am very lucky to have the things I have. Kyle and I live in a beautiful place with awesome landlords, we own our two cars, we don't have any debt at the moment, and we are able to buy things that we need to live. I really feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Truly, I do. I couldn't ask for anything better. I have awesome family, amazing friends, just all the people in my life, I know I wouldn't be able to live without. But especially I am grateful for my Husband, Kyle. He does so much for me, and loves me unconditionally. I love the Lord and I know that I wouldn't have all the things I do without him in my life. He is my Savior, my Redeemer, and I know that He is always there for not only me, but all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment