Friday, January 3, 2014

Our First ChristmasTogether Being Married!!

As Christmas started to come closer, we were getting anxious and excited for what that brought! Technically, we have been together 3 Christmas' now, but this is our first one as a married couple! We were hoping to be in our own place to celebrate Christmas, but after we couldn't find a place before December started, we decided that we would just make a place for our tree and celebrate in the basement at the Hansen's. We made it all perfect, and set up our tree with silver and gold ornaments and a little gold star on top. As soon as the tree went up, it felt like Christmas! I was really excited to give presents this year to the people that I love! I am usually not a very good gift giver, so it takes me a little longer to think of what to get a certain person, but in the end, I got all the presents that I wanted to. Kyle was really excited this year because he decided that he wanted to ask for an iPad 2. So the Hansen's and I decided that we would go in on it together to split the costs. We had a fun experience trying to even find an iPad 2. At Verizon, you can get an iPad and have it be on your phone plan so it will have 3G or LTE or whatever it is, but when we went to go buy one, we found out that since the iPad Air just came out, the iPad 2 just flew off the shelves because the price went down. Bad luck for us! So we had to sales lady call another store that said they had a few online and they said that they would send it down to the Spanish Fork store! We were super happy that we were still able to get one! It was a lot of fun watching Kyle open that present and seeing his face light up with excitement! :) What I wanted for Christmas was a craft table that folds down and a bunch a crafty things! For those of you who know me, I am very much that kind of person that likes to make crafts, whether it be with paper, wood, fabric or anything! So I was very excited to get a glue gun, a wood burner tool, and other things! One thing that was a big present was for me, was Kyle said that we will go get an eye exam for me and new contacts! (I have been wearing my glasses for 3 months now because I ran out of contacts, and they are super expensive!) We also got a few kitchen items we didn't get for our wedding which I am excited to use in our new apartment! And also, we were able to receive a lot of presents from my extended family, Kyle's extended family, my parents, Kyle's parents, and both of our siblings. We were pretty much spoiled by everyone and there are a lot of things that are very meaningful to the both of us that I won't write everything that we had gotten. :) Christmas Eve and Day were filled with fun, family and friends! I am grateful for all the Lord has blessed us with, and that we were able to have an amazing Christmas! But I do have to say, that the decoration that I was most excited for this season, and Kyle and vouch for me, was a Nativity set! We looked at a few places for one I might want, and finally found a cute one at the BYU Bookstore! I have also decided that it will stay set up all year long so that we can remember that Jesus is the whole reason why we are here and for all the blessings and great things that we have and are able to have. I hope that all of you and your family were able to have a joyous Christmas and are able to have a wonderful New Years! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment