Friday, December 6, 2013

Flashback Friday: California!

     So I had wanted to start this blog a little while ago, but life gets crazy, as everyone surely knows. :) The reason why I wanted to start it was to be able to put down fun things we have done as it happened. But sometimes that won't be possible. To be able to talk about the things that have happened in the past, Kyle and I decided that I should do "Flashback Friday" which will be a way for me to be able to write down and share different things we did for fun in the past. :)
     The first Flashback Friday I wanted to do is about our most wonderful and fun Honeymoon trip!
     If you know me at all, I love everything that has to do with Disney. Movies, princesses, T-shirts with characters on them, and most obviously, Disneyland!! So Kyle agreed that we could go to Disneyland together. We also decided that we wanted to go to the Beach and Sea World.
   

     Once we decided where we wanted to go, we booked the hotel and started saving all our money. And by all our money, I mean every penny! I painted a jar to put our money in, and it sat out so we would be reminded to just drop some money in. With the help of Kyle's family, we had saved a lot of money. 
   


We stayed the night at our apartment before setting out Saturday morning for California. We decided that we were going to drive straight there, only stopping every here and there. Once we got to Las Vegas, we stopped to get gas at a 7-Eleven and Kyle went in to use to restroom. Kyle got back and we were on our way again. After driving for a little while, I grabbed
Kyle's hand to hold while we were driving, but I noticed that he wasn't wearing his ring. I turn to him and said, "Kyle, where's your ring?!" He turned back to me with a shocked and scared look on his face, while patting and pulling everything out of his pockets, and replied, "I think I left it in the bathroom of the gas station!" My heart just about jumped out of my chest! I started freaking out because by that time, we're already 20 minutes away. I hurried and took the next exit so we could turn around while Kyle started looking up 7-Eleven on his phone to try to figure out a phone number to call. Turned out there are 3 of them in Las Vegas and we couldn't remember which one. Kyle just started calling them all figuring he'd get the right one eventually. He called one, it didn't even have a bathroom; called the second one, someone was in the bathroom; called the last one, they went in and didn't see a ring. After that, I thought that we should say a prayer to help us be able to find it and that no one had stolen it. As I'm driving, I have a feeling that Kyle needs to look around the car and in his pockets again. So Kyle looked in the middle console, the glove box, and finally reached down deep to the bottom of his pocket and finds his ring! It was amazing! No one had stolen it, it was in a hidden corner of his pocket the whole time! We both did a sigh of relief! I turned the car back around at the nearest exit so we could get back on the road going the right way to our destination. We said a little prayer thanking Heavenly Father for helping us find Kyle's ring.
     Sunday, we decided that we wanted to go to the beach. Not wanting to drive very far away, we decided to go to Huntington Beach, which is a pretty popular one for vacationers because it is so close to Anaheim where a lot of people are staying because of Disneyland. All of the parking lots were packed that were right by the pier, which now that I think about it, isn't really that surprising. The pier is where all the food, bike rentals and fun is! I was really excited to go in the water, but once I finally had convinced Kyle to go in with me, the water was freezing! But, we had a lot of fun playing with the Sand Crabs. We would dig a hole before the water came rushing up, and after the water had filled our hole and had gone back out, the hole was filled with little baby Sand Crabs! That was what entertained us for most of our beach adventure! :) 
     Monday, I was super excited that we were going to go to Disneyland! I pretty much wanted to go on everything all at the same time! But, we just took our time, walking around, waiting in line, going on all of our favorite rides. Well, actually, this was technically Kyle's second time going to Disneyland, but the first time he went, he was 14, and a rebel, and was "too cool" to wait in line and go on the rides. ;) (that was a pretty funny story that Kyle told me. I got a kick out of it!) So our whole time in Disneyland, I pretty much just got to say, "hey, let's go here!" and Kyle would just let me do what I wanted! :) We were also pretty excited about the new addition of Car's Land! I had never been in there because it was opening 1 week later then when I was there last. So Kyle and I got to explore Car's Land for the first time together, which was really exciting! We were disappointed to find out that the Radiator Springs Racers was a 3 hour wait! So we didn't end up going on it the first day.
     Tuesday, we decided that we wanted to drive down to Sea World because Kyle and I really love fish and creatures of the sea! Kyle really likes sharks, so of course we went to see them! (We actually went through twice that day!) When you get to the end of the shark exhibit, there is this big shark jaw, I don't know who has been there before, but it literally is as big as me! Kyle and I decided that some day, when we are rich, we want to have a shark tank in our house, and possibly some moon jellyfish! Haha :) We were able to do most everything at Sea World; touched the stingrays, went to every exhibit, went to the Dolphin show, the Cirque show, and of course Shamu! Something I didn't know was at Sea World was rides, so when we found out there was a sky coaster type thing that went over the Pacific Ocean, I wanted to wait in line and go on that ride! We decided to go on it near the end of the day, which probably wasn't the best idea, because it was getting a little chilly and we were right on the ocean! But it was so fun! When we got off, I saw this pretty crazy looking cactus! I know, I know, cactus' are a normal occurrence, but this one was big and had lots of branches!
                          

     Wednesday, we were pretty pooped! Walking around all day, two days in a row is very tiring! We decided that we would make it a lazy day. Laying around was the perfect solution! It was even Shark week, so we freaked ourselves out by watching dangerous encounters with sharks! :)
     Thursday, it was back to Disneyland! We went on more rides and things we hadn't done yet, and did a few repeats of ones we wanted to do. I got my very first pair or Mickey/Minnie ears and I wore them all day! It was one of those things where you know that you will never use it besides at Disneyland, but you want it so bad! Pretty much, it was one of those little kid moments, where you just had to have it!
But the most exciting thing, was that we went on Radiator Springs Racers. (We loved it so much that we waited in line again later that day!) The line was still terribly long, but we kept ourselves entertained by playing games together on our phones. Our favorite one to play was probably chess, which seems boring, but it was really fun! A lot of people would look at us funny because we were laughing and having a good time while just looking at our phone.
Another one of my favorite rides that we were able to go on, after waiting a long time in line for, was Toy Story Mania! I love how there are multiple mini games that you get to play, and challenge yourself! Both times we played, I was the winner! (Kyle said it hurt his arm to pull the sting so much. ;) ) We stayed the whole day and night, which is my favorite thing to do. We were also able to watch a little bit of World of Color while we were walking around California Adventure. Kyle was so amazed by everything in that show in the 20 minutes that we snuck inside the ropes. :) 
     Friday was our last day at Disneyland and we made it a lot of fun! We spent lots of time waiting in line, going on rides and walking around the shops. We decided that we wanted to get some fun things to take home with us. My most favorite thing we got was matching shirts. My shirt is white and says, "I'll be your Minnie" and Kyle's shirt is black and says, "I'll be your Mickey." Once we bought those, we wore them the rest of the day. I also bought Kyle a Piston Cup that says, "Best Husband" on it. :) Something fun we decided to buy when we go some place is magnets, so of course we got some cute ones! We got a picture frame magnet of Disneyland, and a Cars Land Magnet because that was our favorite part! And the last thing that is necessary to get at Disneyland, is a picture in front of the castle. ;)
    Saturday was the day we had to drive all the way home. It was hard to leave, but we can always go back! Kyle drove the whole way! Which was impressive! We passed the time by having me read Harry Potter out loud. (I like to read books and Kyle likes to listen to books. So it was a win win situation.) In all, this was an awesome first trip that Kyle and I were able to have together! :)


Splash Mountain
Sea World/Pacific Ocean
Kyle Holding a Starfish

Kyle with a Cool Car in California Adventure
The waterfall in California Adventure





No comments:

Post a Comment